FX-Audio established its name by making products with great performance to price ratio. Original DAC-X6 was such a product. It bundled capable Cirrus Logic DAC with a powerful headphone amp that helped X6 get great scores in most reviews, including my own iiWi review. Great build and low price just added to it and made it one of the easiest recommendations in a sub $100 category.
But now, FX-Audio is ready to release its successor. MKII version comes with quite a few changes. The first of them is a move to a Sabre ESS9018 DAC chip . The next one is added Bluetooth connectivity. To cut it short, here’s the full list of technical specifications:
- High-Quality DAC from Sabre Technologies, ESS9018.
- Chipset Configuration: STM 8, OPA275, OPA2134, TPA6120, CM6642.
- Bluetooth 5.0 using QCC3008 Chip.
- Frequency Response Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 112dB.
- Multiple Audio Input Ports: Coaxial, Optical, USB, Bluetooth.
- Dual Output Ports: RCA, 6.35 mm Headphone Out.
- Output Power RCA: 2 Vrms.
- Output Power 6.35mm Headphone Port: 940 mW @ 16 Ohms, 900 mW @ 32 Ohms, 700 mW @ 64 Ohms, 450 mW @ 120 Ohms, 200 mW @ 300 Ohms.
- Power Input: DC 12V / 1A.
The exact release date is still not known. Judging by the pre-order page at HiFiGo online retailer, the price will be set at $79.99.
I’m definitely eager to try this new and improved X6, but please feel free to write about what you think about the MKII refresh.