Aune S8 has just been released and it is the most advanced DAC Aune has ever brought to the market. This is a fully balanced DAC based around the Sabre ESS9038 Pro chip. Manufacturer took care that everybody can use their preferred type of digital connection by supporting a wide variety of them: USB, Coaxial, Optical, AES, and IIS.
A USB input is supposedly using a new solution base on a combination of Xmos chip and FPGA, but what that means for the performance remains to be seen.
Among other things, femtosecond oscillators are being used to reduce jitter. Here’s the full list of features and specifications:
- High-Grade ESS9038Pro DAC chip.
- PCM Decoding up to 32-Bit/768kHz, DSD up to DSD512 natively.
- Multiple Signal Input Ports, USB, Coaxial, Optical, AES, IIS.
- Balanced XLR Output Ports, Unbalanced RCA Ports.
- XLR Max Output Level: 4.3Vrms.
- RCA Max Output Level: 2.2Vrms.
- XLR Dynamic Range: 127dB.
- RCA Dynamic Range: 122dB.
- XLR THD+N: -116dB.
- RCA THD+N: -114dB.
- XLR Noise Level: 2.5uVrms.
- RCA Noise Level: 2uVrms.
Judging by the first price listing I’ve been able to find on the HiFiGo online Hifi retailer’s page, Aune sells for $999 / 889€.